We're looking for a forward thinking Developer who can work across a range of challenging and exciting projects, for clients such as Mercury, Fonterra, 2degrees, Warehouse, Healthcare NZ & NZ Olympic Committee.
Our Developers are both generalists and problem solvers who thrive on new technologies. They’re talented and passionate technologists who are interested in learning new things every day. They are dedicated, have pride in their work and go the extra mile in order to support our clients.
We work in a very collaborative environment where cross-functional teams work closely together in order to get things done. Our developers work to maintain an ego-free environment where talent matters more than title, and know the big idea can come from anyone and anywhere.
Continuous improvement of processes, tool chains, pipelines, in house technology and people is not just important, but core to the way we work and how we are able to deliver quickly, efficiently and to a consistently high standard. We need people who share these goals, are solution focused and not afraid to try new things.
You will be able to work in a variety of client settings and platforms and collaborate in a smart environment where you can bring in your ideas. There is plenty of room to grow at Catch.
- Proven experience working with:
- CMS platforms, in particular SilverStripe
- Experience with the following:
- Linux, Apache etc
- React, Angular, Backbone, Require, jQuery
- Composer, Bower, RubyGems, Bundler, NPM
- REST / SOAP
- Bash scripting
- SASS (SMACSS)
- Experience of the following is desirable:
- Mobile first development practice
- Strong working knowledge developing for cross-platform/browser compatibility
- Devops, process automation etc
- Ruby on Rails, Sinatra
- Mobile development (Android/iOS)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people
- Ability to work in a variety of client settings and across platforms
- Our clients on occasion require us to be flexible with our time, this may mean you are required to work outside our normal hours.
- Excellent problem solving skills, a love for technical challenges, and a willingness to learn.
Catch is a Creative Digital Agency that's expanding. Our office is in central Wellington, just off Cuba Street – the heart of Wellington's cafe and bar culture.
We’re not looking for ninjas or rockstars. Just adults.
We work reasonable hours. A big part of your job is helping us meet our deadlines and get out of the office by 5:30pm. No medals are issued for heroic all-nighters. However we need you to be responsible and understand that sometimes you need to get the job done. We’ll remunerate you with this expectation.
We want you to rest and make time for yourself. You’ll get your birthday off as well as five weeks holiday every year.
We choose our clients carefully. You’ll help solve interesting problems for good people doing worthwhile things. If things get hairy, we’ll have your back.
We’re big enough to make a difference, and small enough for you to do the same. If you have ambition and a strong point-of-view (and the skills to back it up) you’ll have a good time at Catch.
Applicants for this position should be living in NZ and have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
To apply, please provide us with an up-to-date CV which outlines your relevant work experience, a portfolio of your work, at least two relevant references we can contact, your expectations on salary, a cover letter introducing yourself and a link to your github account if you have one.