Digital Project Manager (Auckland)
We're on the hunt for a Digital Project Manager to join our team in Auckland. Working at Catch will see you delivering world class customer experiences for some of New Zealand's most iconic brands, including 2degrees, Mercury, NZ Olympic Committee, Warehouse Group and Fonterra.
Who's Catch? Most call us a digital agency, but let's face it, if you tell your folks you work at a 'digital agency', their eyes glaze over. To make it simple, we’ve created a handy list of things we don’t do: we don’t perform brain surgery, build foiling boats, reupholster niche antique furniture, repair wind instruments, design vegan yogurt containers or edit television commercials.
You will be joining a 20 strong team of thinkers, creatives and technologists who share a passion for human centered design. We work in a collaborative environment where long-term client partnerships are valued over one-off engagements — we want long-term commitment, less one-night stands.
You're a glass-half-full detail nut who thrives on people, tight deadlines, multi-tasking, writing lists of the lists you need to write and the challenge of learning in a constantly evolving industry.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- You’ll be the primary contact for a selection of our clients, ensuring free-flowing communication and managing and exceeding expectations on a daily basis
- Gaining an intimate understanding of your clients’ goals and challenges, and in partnership with our creative and technical teams, providing the very best in strategic thinking, advice and direction
- Creating and investing in strong working relationships with our amazing team of designers and developers. You’re the glue that holds things together
- Originating, scoping work, drafting and finalising budgets, estimates, proposals, project schedules and all project related documentation
- We value proven experience over qualifications
- 3+ years of proven digital producer / project management experience, delivering small to large interactive/digital projects on time, within budget and with happy clients
- You’re a patient calm head that exudes charm and grace, even when the desire to poke your eyeballs out is uncontrollable
- Experience leading or working within Agile teams
- You’re a client management champion. You conduct yourself professionally and with a smile — because it’s what you’re about
- Confident speaker with proven experience in writing and presenting
- You have a passion for all things Digital and Interactive
- Willingness to travel, predominantly to main mets in NZ (occasionally overnight)
- We pay our staff well and offer the chance to work in a supportive and family environment
- A lot of our team have young families, so we are always striving to work reasonable hours. A big part of your job is helping us meet our deadlines and get out of the office by 5:30pm
- We want you to rest and make time for yourself. You’ll get your birthday off as well as five weeks holiday every year
- We choose our clients carefully. You’ll help solve interesting problems for good people doing worthwhile things. If things get hairy, we’ll have your back
Applicants for this position MUST be living in NZ and have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
To apply, please provide us with an up-to-date CV which outlines your relevant work/study experience, at least two relevant references we can contact, your expectations on salary, and a cover letter introducing yourself, telling us why you want to work in this industry and why you're right for the right catch... for Catch.
Applicants for this position should be living in NZ and have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.